Public Safety Solutions is looking for Installation Specialists to join our team. This individual will be responsible for working on a wide range of public safety and commercial vehicles, installing the emergency lighting, communications, video surveillance, networking, and other systems. Individuals who have previous experience with car audio installation, custom vehicle fabrication, 12-volt home security installs or auto mechanics are preferred, but we are willing to train in the right circumstances.
- Installation of all emergency vehicle lighting, controls, sirens, cameras, gun racks, push bumpers, prisoner partitions, cellular gateways, ruggedized computing devices and other similar apparatus
- Prepare vehicle for installation of new systems
- Maintain, repair, and replace systems, as well as, retrofitting and upgrading existing fleets
- Document all installation activities as part of the build process
Maintain an orderly and clean working environment, keeping the work area organized.
- High school graduate or equivalent
- Willingness to listen and follow directions
- Have acute attention to detail
- Good motor vehicle driving record and valid driver’s license
- Have no felony convictions
- Pass all pre-employment testing prior to start date, including a background check and drug test
- 1-3 years of proven vehicle installation experience
- Completion of trade school/certificate programs will be considered in lieu of work experience
- Emergency Vehicle Technician (EVT) certification is a plus
- Experience with installation of 12-volt accessories
- Able to communicate well with others
- Proficient with hand/power tools
- Must be detail oriented, reliable and have excellent time management skills
- Physical strength and stamina, and the ability to lift up to 50 pounds
- Clear motor vehicle driving record
Public Safety Solutions is a Missouri based, small business, specializing in public safety technology throughout the United States. We focus on the needs and operations of the customer with open dialog and work on customized plans to ensure that the products and services provided enhance the exchange of information through innovative interoperable solutions.